Make the delicious Meen Murringakka Curry recipe and treat your taste buds to a tangy and flavorful South Indian delight. This easy-to-follow recipe features fish cooked in a blend of tamarind, coconut, and aromatic spices. Serve it hot with steamed rice or roti and enjoy a mouthwatering meal.
Meen Murringakka Curry Recipe: A Delicious and Easy-to-Make Dish for Seafood Lovers
Meen Murringakka Curry recipe! This South Indian dish features fish cooked in a tangy and flavorful sauce made with tamarind, coconut, and a blend of aromatic spices. Let’s dive into the recipe and learn how to make this mouthwatering curry.
- 500 g fish (cut into pieces)
- 1 cup tamarind pulp
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 5-6 green chilies
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Curry leaves
- Oil (as required)
- Water (as required)
- Soak tamarind in water for 15-20 minutes. Extract the pulp and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat some oil and add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, and curry leaves. Fry until the mustard seeds splutter.
- Add sliced onions and green chilies. Saute until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the tamarind pulp and some water. Mix well and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add grated coconut and mix well.
- Add fish pieces and cook until they are done.
- Garnish with some curry leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
Tips and Tricks for Making Perfect Meen Murringakka Curry
- Use fresh fish for best results. You can use any firm and white fish such as kingfish, tilapia, or pomfret.
- Adjust the amount of green chilies and red chili powder according to your taste preference.
- Soaking tamarind in water makes it easier to extract the pulp.
- Fry the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, and curry leaves on low heat to prevent burning.
- Make sure the fish is cooked thoroughly before serving.
- You can add some jaggery or sugar to balance the sourness of the tamarind.
- Serve the curry hot with steamed rice or roti for a complete meal.
Meen Murringakka Curry Conclusion:
Meen Murringakka Curry is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for seafood lovers. With a tangy and flavorful sauce made with tamarind, coconut, and a blend of aromatic spices, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Follow the recipe and tips above to make the perfect Meen Murringakka Curry and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills.
Trending Keywords: Meen Murringakka Curry, South Indian fish curry, tangy fish curry, coconut fish curry, seafood recipe, easy fish recipe, Indian cuisine, tamarind fish curry, aromatic spices, delicious fish curry
You must log in to post a comment.