Unique Method of making Modak Recipe For Ganesh chaturthi and For your naughty Child
Modak is a famous candy made on the event of Ganesh Chaturthi in Maharashtra. Steamed Modaks, Fried Modaks, Chocolate Modaks and Dry Fruit Modaks are considered in the market nowadays and all have their very own awesome taste. Most of the humans like to make Modak at domestic on the event of Ganesh Utsav, so this time you too can without difficulty make them at domestic with this recipe of ours.
It is a modak recipe where modak made from rice flour is made by filling it with a mixture of jaggery and coconut.
While this modak is a special dish on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, you can make this sweet dish anytime for your entire family, especially kids.
Ingredients for Modak: These modaks are prepared by stuffing coconut, nutmeg and saffron in sweet dough. Later they are cooked in steam. Steamed modaks are the most preferred.
Ingredients for Modak For Filling Ingredients:
1 cup coconut, grated
1 cup jaggery, grated
a pinch of nutmeg, a pinch of saffron
To prepare the shell:
1 cup water
2 tsp ghee
1 cup rice flour
Method of making Modak
Method of preparation of filling material:
1.Heat a pan on flame and add grated coconut and jaggery to it.
- Stir the mixture for about five minutes. After this mix nutmeg and saffron in it.
- Cook the mixture again for five minutes. Remove it from the flame and keep it aside.
To prepare Modak:
- Boil water and ghee in a deep vessel. Then add salt and flour to it. Mix well.
2. Cover the pot and go away the combination to cook. When the combination is decreased to half, then follow some ghee on a metal bowl.
3. Knead the kneaded dough well. Now make spherical small balls out of it. Press lightly. Prepare its edges in the form of a flower.
4. Place the organized filling combination in the center. Close it with the aid of becoming a member of all the 4 edges.
5. Now maintain them on the muslin cloth. Cook them in steam for about 10 to 15 minutes. Take out and serve.